Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Arugula Salad with Sweet Orange Vinaigrette


Arugula Salad with Sweet Orange Vinaigrette
What you need
about 4 or 5 large hanfuls of Arugula
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup of toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and chopped into large chunks
Tempeh Bacon 2 strips cooked and cut into small bite size pieces
Sweet Orange Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Pure Grade B Maple Syrup
1 tsp of orange zest
fresh squeezed orange juice (from the orange you zested) add to taste, I just took the juice from the one orange but just taste as you go to your own liking
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup olive oil whisked in last and slowly to emulsify
Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl, and toss with just enough vinaigrette to barely coat the salad. Go easy and light on the dressing so that you don't overpower the rest of the flavors of the salad.
Light, fresh, and easy!

4 comments:

  1. Morgan!! This is Jessie! From good ole' Francois d'? I was looking for cooking blogs and came accross yours! How funny! This salad looks amazing! I'm glad I found your blog! I hope your doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie! Your family is so adorable...and you look beautiful! Thanks for stopping by the blog! I hope you keep coming back. :)And I hope that you and your family are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lunch time, and I really wish I had that salad right in front of me! I'll have to give that dressing a try.

    ReplyDelete