Sunday, March 21, 2010

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Italian Herbs



Tonight we had a delicious Sunday dinner.

I made a beet and lentil soup and a spinach salad, and put my husband in charge of the other side dish. He made the most delicious roasted fingerling potatoes (ones that we received from our CSA/Co-op goods).
I never usually buy fingerling potatoes, but I am a huge fan now.
For starters, the texture is amazng, very rich, smooth and creamy in the middle. The skins are very thin, and easy to clean, and if they are organic, its just a quick wipe down and they are ready to go. The recipe was simple and let the flavor of these cute little potatoes really shine through.
You have got to give fingerlings a try. Seriously. They are cute, and delicious!




Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Italian Herbs


What you need:

about 1.5 to 2 pounds of fingerling potatoes

2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1/2 tsp. dried thyme

1/2 tsp. dried oregano

1/2 tsp dried parsley

1 tsp sea salt

pinch of fresh cracked pepper


To Make:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


Wash and thoroughly dry the potatoes. Leave the smaller poatoes whole, and cut larger ones in half to try and make all potatoes similar in size. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Use clean hands to toss the potatoes and coat evenly with the oil. Add the herbs, salt and pepper and toss again to coat. Line a heavy baking sheet with foil, and lay potatoes out in it. Bake for about 30 minutes, then pull pan out and shake it a little to move potatoes around a bit. Place back in oven and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until potatoes were golden brown, crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.


Let cool a few minutes, then taste and season with additional salt and pepper to your own liking..



4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite foods is potatoes cooked in this way-I love it:) Thank you for this recipe that I can try. I never knew these potatoes were called fingerling potatoes. My mouth is watering........

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a good dish, that would be awesome with so many meals! Thanks Morgy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I need to talk to you about food pictures! You are so good at it, and I need some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heath...your last chocolate cake picture was AWESOME! DOn't know what you are talking about, you do not need my help, but we will still chat and I will give you my very unprofessional advide! haha.

    ReplyDelete