Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweet Brown Rice Porridge

Kids love this!
Actually, I love it just as much as they do.
It really is the perfect , nutritious, fast breakfast!
But don't hesitate to have it any time of day!


Sweet Brown Rice Porridge
These are just approximate measurements. No need to measure on this one, just eyeball it!

What You Need:
A few cups cooked brown rice (make the night before or in advance)
1/4- 1/2 C. Almond milk, rice milk, hemp milk, use your milk of choice here
1-2 Tbsp. Pure Grade B Maple Syrup
Small handful (1/4 cup) raisins)
small handful (few Tbsp) pecans, almonds, or any ther nut of choice, chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

To Make:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the rice. Then, pour in enough almond milk to just moisten the rice. Add maple syrup, raisins, pecans cinnamon, and vanilla and stir. Heat until just warmed up. Remove from heat and taste and adjust seasinings.

4 comments:

  1. Morgan! You have so many good recipes on this blog!!! I need to make sure i'm trying every one. I loved this recipe...did you get it from the kind diet? This blog is officially my fav. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    No, I didn't get it from The Kind Diet. It is kind of a variation of an oatmeal recipe I have made for years. But my 6 year old prefers it this way because of the texture. I'm glad you liked it!!! I'll bet that little bun in the oven of your loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this out yesterday morning and it was really good! It is a good change from oatmeal! I also tried your baked oatmeal and love it! I make it when I have the time to wait for it to bake! Your blog is awesome, thanks for sharing your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete