Monday, April 26, 2010

Raw Mediterranean Kale Salad


Well, having my computer in the shop for a week was pure torture! I have some catching up to do on the blog, and I promise, I will be making up for the lack of posts while we were out of business...
This is my absolute favorite way to enjoy raw Kale. I have this all the time. You may not think you will love this, but I can assure you that you will! This is the type of food I eat most often, healthy, clean, and simple and pure ingredients. Make a double or triple batch for sure, then it will be ready for you at a moments notice! This is a great way to add some raw dark greens to your diet!
Mediterranean Kale Salad
From Raw Food Made Easy
What you need:
8 kale leaves, stems removed
3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 red bell pepper diced
2 Tbsp. raw pine nuts
small handful of sliced black olives
dash black pepper
To Make:
Remove the thick stems from the kale. Roll up the leaves like a cigar and cut crosswise into thin strips. Place sliced kale in a large bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Massage the kale with your hands to soften the leaves. This may take a few minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine.

5 comments:

  1. Kale is SO good for you. I need to find more ways to incorporate it into my diet. :) Great recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am a little afraid to eat kale raw- but I will try it. BTW- I had a raw lasagna while out in Arizona for spring break- it was really awsome. Have you ever tried making it? I found a recipe that sounds similar. I am going to try it- wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you got your computer fixed and you are back in business-LOL. The Kale salad looks so beautiful with the dark green leaves and then the red bell peppers on it. It looks yummy...I will try it because I definately need my greens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Kale Salad looks very refreshing.
    I love to use Kale in many recipes.If you are familiar with Indian Cooking you can make Sambar or stew and Kale with lentils and also kale curry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fresh and healthy! Great tip to massage the kale to soften it. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete