Friday, April 2, 2010

Sesame Vinaigrette with Fresh Orange and Ginger

I created this dressing the other day out of pure desperation for a dressing I get at a Japanese restaurant that I love. Not exactly like the one they serve, but still so delicious and fresh tasting, and makes a perfect topper for salad, quinoa with veggies, and my favorite right now , carrots sliced on a bias (like chips) with this drizzled over the top. So good...



Sesame Vinaigrette with Fresh Orange and Ginger
What You Need:
About 4 inches of Fresh Ginger, grated over a microplane
3/4 cup of water
the fresh juice of one orange
4 Tbsp. Pure Grade B maple syrup
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. Toasted sesame seed oil
1 carrot, grated over a microplane
2 tsp tamari
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
To Make:
In a blender, puree all ingredients until well combined.

2 comments:

  1. Another great one! I love anything with ginger in it! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at creating new healthy recipes. I really like this one and will be excited to try it. Asian Sesame type dressings are the best. I love printing off all these recipes and making a book out of them. I will have the best healthy foods book out there when I am done:) Thank you Morgan.

    ReplyDelete