Monday, September 13, 2010

Crispy "chick'n" wraps with Spicy Curry Cilantro Sauce


Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was awesome, we spent some time with our best friends picking apples and pears at a farm near us, and had a little picnic afterward.  We have been overdosing on all the fresh fruit we picked!
Ok, back to recipes...all I can say is this was amazing!! So simple and so flavorful, and the creamy curry sauce was crazy good! My husband loved it! In fact, I am already craving it again! If you like curry, you will love this!  Feel free to substitute tofu in this recipe if you cant get Gardein (just cook the tofu the same way that the Gardein is cooked here).

Crispy "chick'n" wraps with spicy curry cilantro sauce
serves 4-6

What You Need:
2 7-ounce packages Gardein brand Chick''n filets (or you can use Gardein Chick'n scallopini instead)
1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil
lettuce
1 small head red radishes, thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, sliced
whole wheat tortillas
1 recipe for creamy curry cilantro dressing (recipe follows)

Spicy Curry Cilantro Dressing:
1/2 cup Veganaise (vegan mayo)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 cup (generous handful) chopped cilantro

Mix all ingredients well with a whisk. Set aside

To Make:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  While pan is heating, pour white whole wheat flour into a shallow dish, and lightly dredge the gardein chick'n in it. Shake off the excess flour, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add 1 Tbsp coconut oil to the pan, and cook the chick'n until golden and crispy on both sides. Set aside to cool for a few minutes, then slice into strips.

In you wrap, place some lettuce, radishes  (or cucumbers), tomatoes, and either drizzle the sauce directly into the wrap, or serve the sauce on the side and dip the wraps.


15 comments:

  1. Oooh...this looks super-good, Morgan! I LOVE curry, so I am sure I will love this recipe! I haven't tried Gardein yet, but I am anxious to - soon! Thanks for helping me plan my lunch this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I'm making breaded seitan tonight which is only a small consolation after seeing this post. I wish you could buy bigger quantities of gardein for a more affordable price. I really like it a lot. It was one of the first vegan convenience foods I tried, and I was pleased with it. I'll have to try this as soon as I get my hands on some again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look soooo good! I love wraps and eat them a lot. I am going to make this for lunch this week. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morgan, these wraps looks so good. I love the spicy curry cilantro sauce that goes on top. I am definately going to try this. I made some seitan last night and it turned out really good. Maybe I could try it in a wrap with your yummy sauce. I have all these ingredients, so maybe I can make it tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morgan!! I need to learn your photo skills...and your cooking skills!! I have been looking for a good chik'n recipe!!! Spicy curry cilantro sauce looks great!!! Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, your photo skills are excellent...and that wrap is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! Morgan!!
    It looks sooo GOOD! yummy! I really love cilantro but in Japan.. I cant buy it at market(maybe somewhere they sale it),so i really miss it.But I can buy some seed, I will plant my self^_^
    anyways, your "Crispy "chick'n" wraps" make me hungry, here is 7:00am I wanna eat it for breakfast!!

    love ya !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wraps! I love curry! This looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds so good! love the dressing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. all your recipes look so good! i'm trying to be better at providing my fam with healthier meals and this helps inspire me to do so...thanks!!
    btw...we went to high school together. i was super shy and quiet though, so you probably don't remember me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll bet I could eat at least five or six of those. Probably light in calories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. another great recipe morgan! i wish i could hire you to come cook for me....xoxo

    p.s.- how do you find time to cook with 3 kids? i can't find time to shower with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I am definitely making this as soon as possible! I loooove Gardein, and that sauce sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your husband is SO lucky! I love all the food you cook.

    ReplyDelete