Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Breakfast Burrito with potatoes, bacon, and scrambled "eggs"



OK, this burrito was to die for . Totally my kind of food. So satisfying, hearty, flavorful, and perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! It would be awesome as a packable for lunches as well.  Actually, we loved these so much we are having them again tonight...and I'm already dreaming about it. haha. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did! Happy "mid week" to you all!

Breakfast Burrito
 with potatoes, bacon, and scrambled "eggs"
serves 4

For the Potatoes with Bacon:
2 russet potatoes, small dice
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
pinch of black pepper
1/2 package Smart Bacon (vegan bacon) diced

Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper, and saute until the potatoes are crispy and browned. Add the bacon the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.

For the Scrambled Tofu:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 (16 ounce) package of extra firm tofu, drained well
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp paprika

Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the onion starts to become translucent. Add the carrots, and bell peppers and cook for a few more minutes to soften slightly. Add the tofu, crumbling it in your fingers as you add it to the pan, along with all of the spices. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.

For the Burritos:
Whole grain tortillas of choice
scrambled tofu
Potato with bacon
Pico de Gallo or favorite salsa
fresh cilantro

Gently warm the tortilla. Add a little of the scrambled tofu, potatoes, salsa, and cilantro, roll up and enjoy!!




21 comments:

  1. adding this to my next menu plan!
    sara http://myfrugalfunlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has got to be the best looking breakfast burrito that I've ever seen! It's got a bunch of my favorite things, except the bell pepper, but everything else is a major yum. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds sooooooo good! I don't know why I never make bfast burritos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girl after my own heart! I love burritos so much. This looks like such an amazingly delicious meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing. I love hearty, savory breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You forgot the big dollop of Sour Supreme on top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morgan,
    This sounds MUY EXCELLETE! Thanks for sharing,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, don;t you love those meals that you can't have enough of....I do that often, where I get on kicks! Hearty, filling wraps are right up my alley too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fabulous Morgan!! What a yummy breakfast. I definately will be making this. I printed your Veggie Chili recipe and will making that this weekend~I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMY!! That looks delish! I need to remember to add potatoes to my breakfast burrito the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I love really filling breakfasts- I haven't tried packaged tempeh bacon yet, but looks good. I'm going to add that to my next scramble meal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite part is your recipe for "eggs"- what a great idea to include carrots and Dijon mustard- sounds zesty!
    http://happygoluckyvegan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny how many US breakfast recipes would totally be lunch in Germany. Anyway, this looks like the perfect food both for lunch and breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading your blog because it reminds me of how much fun I always had talking to you!!! What a talented gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Morgan!!

    Your burrito looks so YUMMY and beautiful !!!!
    your recipe is always awesome.
    many colors vegetable make me hungry!!

    thanks for sharing
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks good, Morgan! I love how many veggies you got in there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Made these tonight and they were a hit. They are so delicious. This works just as well for dinner as it does for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always looking for new and flavorful ways to shake up the old tofu scramble, so this recipe sounds like a keeper. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These burritos were delicious!! I added in black beans and it was quite a meal. I made these for dinner and then had the left overs for breakfast! Yum!

    ReplyDelete