Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Cruelty Free Thanksgiving at the Little House of Veggies

Happy post Thanksgiving to all of you! I hope you had a wonderful time with your friends and family, enjoyed good food, and had a few days to relax! Our home was full with football, snacking, sleeping, movies, and busy little kiddos. That to me is what the holidays are all about. Doing what you love with the people you love.
I had all intentions of posting a great feast for all of you to have prior to Thanksgiving itself, but like many of you, I am a busy Mommy to three little ones, and just couldn't find the extra time! So here is my post Thanksgiving meal spread.  Our food this year was so delicious. Especially our main dish. At one of my favorite restaurants in California, Native Foods Cafe, they sell a holiday "wellington". It looked so delicious, I thought I would take the idea and create my own Thanksgiving Wellington at my home. It was so good! A perfect main dish.! Along with the Wellington, we had garlic and herbed mashed potatoes, Soft and perfect homemade rolls, mushroom and onion gravy, and a wild rice and whole grain cornbread stuffing. I also had a spinach salad that no one was interested in.  :)  We ended the day with amazing pumpkin pie, and coconut lemon pie.  The meal was a complete success! So as promised, here are my special Thanksgiving recipes!


Thanksgiving
with
the Little House of Veggies

this menu is 100% vegan, cruelty free, and so much healthier than a typical Thanksgiving menu.

MENU



 Spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette





Click each recipe title for the recipes!!!

Happy Holidays!!



8 comments:

  1. Ha! No one was interested in the Spinach Salad! Your Thanksgiving table looks so bright and cheerful. What's that about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thanksgiving table is my dream come true Thanksgiving table!!!! Next year, I want to come!!! Everything looks AMAZING!!!! It's so great how your husband and family are all supportive of the vegan lifestyle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that all looks so delicious! I think I'll be doing that wellington for Christmas dinner. Thank you so much for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's one amazing looking Thanksgiving feast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely awesome holiday meal. I love how you created the the Holiday Wellington-you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is so welcoming and inviting - a real feast for the eyes, esp. for those of us who have to admrie from afar.

    I am especially liking your Wellington. I'd have a go at making some, but seitan is so hard to come by in the U.K. I am hoping one of these days to try and make some from scratch, that is of course if I can get my hands on vital wheat gluten, also hard to come by. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. owowow looks yum and fun. .Wish I was there:(

    healthy flat

    ReplyDelete