Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Morgan's S'mores Cookies



Happy Wednesday all!  I know I said I would get this recipe up yesterday but it just didn't work out that way for me. :)  I was so busy, and was only home for about 30 minutes total all day! But I am back and ready to give you the goods.  My s'mores cookies are so good! Marshmallows are one of those things that seem like they might be vegan and totally innocent, but they are definitely NOT.  Thank goodness for Dandies vegan marshmallows! They are so good, and a perfect substitute. Also look for vegan graham crackers for these, which can be found at many heath food stores.  mmmmmm...thank me later when you have a belly full of yummy cookies! :)


Morgan's  S'mores Cookies
makes about 32 cookies

What you Need:
2 sticks (1 cup) Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks
3/4 cups evaporated cane juice sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder or cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbsp water
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I blended in the blender)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 bag of vegan chocolate chips
1 bag Dandies vegan Marshmallows

To Make:
Preheat oven to 375.
In a standing mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light in color and fluffy.
Add the Arrowroot/cornstarch water mixture, and vanilla and mix again. Mix all of the dry ingredients and then add to the wet. Mix well. Add in your chocolate chips and mix again. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, drop the cookie dough using a small ice cream scooper, or a heaping Tbsp. for each cookie. Bake for 7 minutes. Take out of oven and add 2 Dandies marsh mellows to the top of each cookie. Replace into the oven for an additional 3 minutes. Take out of the oven, let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove from baking sheet to finish cooling.



17 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I totally made a smores pie yesterday!! I haven't tried those vegan marshmallows. I always go for marshmallow fluff since I am vegetarian but that doesn't help my vegan friends! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't those adorable! Nice work Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Morgan... Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK you beautiful culinary genius, you....HOW do you come up with these recipes, especially the baking ones! I wish I had your gift!!!

    These were much needed when I was having my pregnancy S'mores cravings! Looks amazing, I will have to try them soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these look soooooo yummy! Aren't Dandies great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear this recipe couldn't have come at a better time. I was at Whole Foods today and I bought a few bags because they were on sale. I didn't really have anything to do with them... until now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your Mom really come up with neat recipe ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delicious Morgan:) Good job coming up with another recipe everyone can get excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, those look so good! This is perfect, I just opened a new bag of dandies and I was wondering what else to do with them. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just made these tonight since i had an open bag of dandies and my mom had just bought graham cracker crumbs for another recipe. theyre the bomb and a great texture for vegan cookies, my skeptical parents have already eaten plenty of them! thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO glad to hear that you all liked them as much as we did Tiffany! Thanks so much for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have wanted to try this recipe since you posted it, and I finally got around to it tonight. WOW. They are SO delicious and satisfying. I can't wait to share with my non-vegan (but S'more obsessed) mom. She's going to flip! Another win for Little House....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello all! Thank you all so much for the comments and feedback! I appreciate all of you!

    Colleen- YAY! I am so GLAD you had success with the recipe and loved it as much as we did! Way to cook something delicious for your non vegan buddies and family and show them that vegan=YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so creative with all of these dishes!

    ReplyDelete