Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fettuccine with green beans, cherry tomatoes, ricotta, and lemony avocado sauce



Good morning bloggers! Hope the week and the new year is treating all of you well! I'm glad to hear the great response on the lasagna recipe! So I thought I would stick with the Italian (sorta) theme today.  What makes this recipe so delicious is the lemony avocado sauce. its sooooooo good and has a mild and light flavor. it  is a nice switch from the typical marinara sauces I always use. This is a very kid friendly recipe. All three of my little ones devoured it! And of course its good for you too! ENJOY!


Fettuccine with green beans, cherry tomatoes, ricotta and lemony avocado sauce
serves 4-6

What You Need:
1 package of whole grain fettuccine style noodles
1 recipe tofu ricotta (below)
1 recipe lemony avocado sauce (below)
2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
1 lb. green beans, blanched



Tofu Ricotta:
1 package (12-ounce) extra firm tofu, drained
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup flat leaf Italian parsley chopped
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp sea salt

Crumble tofu in a bowl. Add all of the other ingredients and incorporate well.

Lemony Avocado Sauce:
1 ripe avocado
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
3/4 cup water

In a vitamix or blender, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the salt.


For the pasta:
In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook according to the package instructions, until al dente. While the pasta cooks blanch or steam the green beans. Drain pasta.
In a serving platter add the noodles and toss well with the lemony avocado dressing. Add the tofu ricotta, tomatoes, and green beans and toss again to combine. Top with a little extra parsley and serve.



16 comments:

  1. That looks so refreshing and satisfying. I finally love tofu. It took a little while for me to find a brand I love, so this recipe is calling my name. I wish I had an avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, I really like the idea of your avocado sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen whole wheat fettuccine. I really need to look for it now! You definitely made a drool worthy dish here! I am such a sucker for pasta and veggies. The tofu ricotta looks so yummy and simple!!

    Thanks again for sharing a great recipe!!

    Oh, and OF COURSE Ella will be named after her Auntie Morgan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous looking dish!! I just printed the recipe and I am going to make it this week. I am very interested in the Tofu Ricotta. This looks quick and sooo...easy ~ my kind of meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love green beans but never thought of making pasta with them! Sounds yummy :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I really like that you offered a recipe for the tofu ricotta too. It is nice to know that you do not have to buy it. I really appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had fettucine in ages! This dish looks so fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could just have the pasta with the Lemony Avocado Sauce and forget the Ricotta & Veggies. Then it would really be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemony avocado sauce sounds awesome! I like that it's light and different from the typical fettuccine type of heavy sauces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH this looks AMAZING! I HAVE to try it! My sister is so talented! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are gorgeous by the way. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww...thanks Heath! I love you and miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sound of that lemony avocado sauce!

    ReplyDelete