Friday, February 25, 2011

Cheesy mac and rib Sandwich


 Cheesy mac and rib sandwich 
Buttered sourdough baguette with cheesy vegan macaroni, sweet BBQ seitan, and caramelized onions

Happy Friday friends! So I was approached a little while back by Marley at Namelymarley about a fun and interesting project she wanted to put together with a few food bloggers. An article was published recently by the Huffington Post called Americas Top 10 new sandwiches which were less than vegan friendly. One sandwich even called for an ingredient they called suckling pork!  Um...no thank you. Well...not to worry! A group of  vegan foodies and bloggers are coming to the rescue and bringing you Americas Top 10 new Sandwiches Veganized! These are some crazy and really unique sandwiches! So far we have seen


These ladies did such great work and put the pressure on for me to deliver something great! I have to say, there is nothing even remotely vegan about a cheesy macaroni and BBQ pork rib sandwich.  But I put on my apron and got to work. And my husband loved this! He said it was real "man's food"  and devoured and loved every bite. So I have to say thank you to Marly for putting me to the challenge and causing me to create something I would have never on my own!

13 comments:

  1. That sandwich is kind of scary and mouth-watering at the same time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I'm seriously loving this sandwich series, and your contribution is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing is this project and this recipe! You are such a genius :-)

    I never craved a pork sandwich or even a cheesesteak in my life. However, this sandwich is making me drool big time!!!!

    I never tried Alicia Mac n Cheese or E2. I was just thinking I had to get a good cheese recipe to top and sandwich with. I just got cashews to try your cheesy pasta!!!

    Have a fab weekend my love!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the recipe for this delicious looking creation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole! I just added a link. it is part of a series we are doing and the whole series is being posted on www.namelymarly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sandwhich looks so awesome Morgan. You did a great job on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible. Personally, I wouldn't even need the onions on top. Or the bread on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWzers, great job on veganizing this sandwich.This totally sounds more appetizing that the non-veganized version!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done! It looks so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love all the onions on top! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Morgan! Looks Perfect then YUMMMY!! awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete