Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pasta in creamy peppered white sauce


Hello hello all my bloggy people! So, yesterday was officially the "one year birthday" of my Little House of Veggies blog.  I really want to say thank you to all of you (my readers) who read, and support my site. Cooking and creating new vegan recipes is a passion of mine and it is the greatest compliment I could possibly receive to get so much positive feedback from everyone! I am so thankful to have had a part in bringing delicious vegan food to the tables of your homes! I have awesome new ideas just waiting to be created and I am so excited to get them on the blog because I know you will LOVE them! So stay tuned...

What has been your favorite recipe from the blog this year? I would love to know! 

So, have any of you made the cashew cheese from my previous post yet? If not, you have got to make this one, not necessarily for spreading on sandwiches, but for this pasta recipe! It is the bomb! Think cheesy white peppered sauce. mmmmmm. My kids loved this so much, and my husband said it is the best vegan cheesy pasta he has had. I am constantly trying to create a cheesy pasta that doesnt taste "off" or like vegan cheese. And this was finally it! Even better, if you make the cashew cheese you can do sandwiches one night and then make this pasta the next with some chopped tomatoes or olives on top and have a whole new meal. This takes just seconds to put together and no effort whatsoever once the cashew cheese is made. I hope you all give this a try! This is some cheesy mac that is made entirely from healthful whole foods!


Whole grain pasta in creamy peppered white sauce
serve 4-6

What You Need:
1 box of whole grain pasta noodles, any shape (I used fun shapes for my kids)
1 cup herbed cashew cheese
1 cup of  soymilk, almond milk, rice milk, etc.  (use what you like)
2 Tbsp. Earth Balance vegan Butter
salt to taste and lots of cracked pepper to taste
Sliced olives or tomatoes for topping the pasta

To Make:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and add it back into the pot. Add teh cashew cheese, milk, and butter and stir to combine and thicken a little. Add lots of pepper (to your liking) and salt to taste. Top with olives or tomatoes and serve! 
To reheat this pasta, just add a splash of soymilk and reheat to create creamy perfect reheated pasta.

15 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary!!! I have so many fav recipes! I need to try that cashew cheese asap! Gotta see if I have all the ingredients! Michael wants a side of noodles tonight. I bought some quinoa noodles, don't know what to do with them yet (was going to just put some Earth Balance and herbs) but if I have the ingredients I am DEF making your recipe!! Looks amazing with the pasta!

    I seriously think you should have a Vegan cooking show on Food Network. You are so talented!!!!!!

    Love yah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pasta looks amazing! Cracked pepper on pasta is always delicious ;).
    My favorite recipe was definitely the summer portabello sandwich. It is INCREDIBLE. Best sandwich ever!

    Second comes Crispy Vegetable Lavash Wraps with Spicy Hummus dip :). Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity! Happy Blog-aversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I love the idea of using cashews, they are perfect for so many things. I need to make the cheese soon, as I love creamy pasta dishes like this! my favorite recipe is the lime pie. I can't wait for summer to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 1st year Bloggy Birthday:) I made the cashew cheese and it turned out fabulous. I loved it on the English Muffin and it is good to spread it on crackers. I love that you used it to make a creamy peppery sauce for pasta-YUMMY! Your recipes are all good, so it would be hard for me to pick a favorite. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really believe we think on the same wavelength or something... I made a dish just like this earlier today! A bit different, of course, but same creamy pasta type of thing. Thus, I'm confident that yours is completely delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bloggy-versary! My fav recipe would def have to be your Creamy Tomato Basil Soup! Yummm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Little House of Veggies-Day, Morgan! I love your blog, as you know. You have wonderful ideas. I am always inspired by you! I love everything I have made from your blog -- cannot pick a fave. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 1 year! Thank you for all the great recipes you post and create! :) I'm going to make this recipe today! I've made "cheese sauce" with Daiya, and one with nutritional yeast... and I have made cashew cheese before, but didn't use it with pasta. I'm excited to try it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on one year! I would have guessed you had been at it much longer, the blog is so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 1 year <3
    wow! Morgan looks really good!! I love PASTA ;) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I just finished up a batch of the cashew cheese, and I made pasta out of it:) So good! Yummmmmmmy:) I used some brown rice rotini, and added some spinach in with the pasta when it was almost cooked, drained it, threw in some vegan margarine, silk creamer, cashew cheese, chopped tomato and some salt n pepper, let it heat through, and it is delicious! Thanks for the recipe!:) My appetite has been so so since being pregnant, and cheese substitutes have been grossing me out, but this is delicious! My new fave:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was stunningly good. It tastes nothing like a vegan dish whatsoever.. in fact, couldn't beleive it was vegan and I made it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you guys liked the pasta! It really is so delcious! In fact...I think its time I make up another batch for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. all of your recipes look amazing I cant decide what to try first!

    ReplyDelete