Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Berry Pecan Salad with Strawberry-Lime Basil dressing


How beautiful is this salad?!
OK people. I know this is totally shocking, but its the truth! I have reunited with my camera! :-) WOOHOO!! After being camera-less with a broken camera for several weeks, and after a somewhat expensive visit to the camera doctor, we are back in business! Er...that is the food blogging business. And as promised, I have two new recipes for you this week!  Plus, an awesome giveaway for Bee Free Honee, an amazingly tasty honey alternative! In case you missed that post, go check it out and make sure you leave a comment so you are eligible to win! Trust me, its so good!

So summer is upon us and that means lots of fruit and veggies!  One of my favorite things to do is have fresh salads with berries. But for me, a heavy dressing can distract from the  delicate flavor of the berries. So my  Strawberry-Lime basil dressing was born. And it is so so good! It is bursting with  bright sweet and citrus  flavors, with a touch of basil and creaminess from the cashews. And I just felt good after eating a big bowl of this! Its a must try! Hope you all enjoy it!


Berry Pecan Salad
with Strawberry-Lime Basil Dressing
serves 4-6


Strawberry-Lime Basil Dressing:
1 16-ounce container of strawberries
Juice of 1 lime
4 Basil leaves
3 Tbsp. raw cashews
2 Tbsp. agave nectar or sweetener of choice
tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper

In a Vitamix, or just using a regular blender toss all ingredients in and blend until very smooth. Set aside.

For the Salad:
4-6 cups (or big handfuls) of baby spinach
1 16-ounce carton strawberries, sliced
12-ounces of blackberries (a few cups)
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Strawberry-Lime Basil Dressing

Place all salad ingredients into a bowl, and either toss with the dressing or serve on the side for drizzling.

13 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious. I will try it after I'm finished with my 2 week detox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful salad Morgan. So fresh and colorful. The dressing sounds really good too. This looks like a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basil sounds soo good with strawberries. I'm bummed, I had to toss a bunch of berries because they got moldy but I bet I could have picked a few out for this. Maybe I'll just buy more. The whole salad sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay this sounds amaze!!! I can't wait to try it! TOTALLY my kind of salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect summer salad! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! I love the idea of basil and berries. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love fresh summer salads with fruit! And love the recipe for the dressing - can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you and your camera are back together! Right now eating salat has become a risky business in Germany (e.coli scare), but I think I would risk quite a bit to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!!!! I am making this dressing for sure!!!! I am obsessed with berry salads and you surely were right when you said heavy dressings can overpower the berries! Again you're the best. So glad you got the camera fixed!!!!! The beautiful food pics are back!!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very unique! Like dinner & dessert in one.

    ReplyDelete