Friday, August 12, 2011

Mo's Fab Fajitas



Hello hello my friends! Hope you are all doing well! My kids started school this week (I KNOW, school started so early this year!) and I have been busy busy but we are finally starting to get back into our groove. Me and my little Ezra are home for a few hours alone now and enjoying our daily avocado lunch dates together. We love our avo's. That and fruit top my list of "summer favorite foods" and I eat them in ridiculous amounts. Good eatin' y'all!

So today I have an awesome (and easy) and perfect for summer recipe for you!  it is deeeeeeeelish! I mean, I didn't call these "Mo's Fab Fajitas" for nothin' people! Give them a try and let me know if they made you do the yummy in the tummy dance after you ate them. Ha ha. OK, kidding. But seriously, this will satisfy the veggie and the non veggie people in your life. So now is the time for all of you to join  me in my fajita party and get cookin'! Happy weekend to you all! New posting coming next week!!! xoxo

\
Mo's Fab Fajitas
makes a lot! Feeds 6-8 people, or makes amazing leftovers all week!

Ingredients you need:
4 Tbsp. olive oil
2 small zucchini
2 small yellow squash
4 carrots
1 c. frozen or fresh corn (if frozen, thaw for about 30 minutes on counter)
3 portabello mushrooms
1 yellow onion
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 heaping tsp. paprika
2 heaping tsp. smoked paprika
salt and pepper  (to taste)

flour tortillas
avocados or guacamole
salsa or hot sauce


To Make:
Start by cutting all of your vegetables into "finger" sized sticks. For the onion, slice it in half and then slice across for very thin slices. Add some olive oil to a large skillet. add the onions, carrots, corn, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes until onions are softened. Add all other veggies and all other spices, plus another pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for about 8 more minutes until everything is cooked through well. Taste and make sure it is seasoned well. 

To Serve:
Warm up your tortilla (I did mine over an open flame) and add some of the veggies into it.Top with avocado or guac, hot sauce (or salsa) and roll up and enjoy! soooooooo good! Hope you all enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. You know I'm with you on the daily avocado! :) This looks like a perfect meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fajitas and this looks like the perfect recipe with all those fresh avocados. I am glad you have a few hours every day now that you can use your creative energies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are sure to make me do the yummy tummy happy dance, girlfriend!!!!

    glad to hear you're getting back in the swing!! yeah school IS starting early....wow!

    oh and I CAN NOT get enough avocado right now!!! it's out of controllll!!!!

    I can't wait to get Ella eating them too! I think she's ready for them...always sooooo hungry!!!

    have a grwat weekend!!! as i type with one hand ha ha...love yah!!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so where do you buy your avocados? Albertsons and Fresh and Easy are both charging $2 each!!! That's too much!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girls! Thank you all for stopping by!

    @Jennifer- YES!!!! I know you are the avocado queen! See, Im trying to be just like you!

    @HealthSeek- These really are so good! You have to try them! And it has been SO NICE to have some quiet time with Ezzie D! :D

    @Laury- Hey CHICA-LA (hehe) Give my little miss Ella Weezie those avo's and other good stuff early and she will LOVE them all!!!! Mos words of wisdom girl! :)

    @Caroline- I get mine from Costco all the time. I prefer Farmers Markets and places like that, but Costcos are a great price, and they are MONDO huge and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally with you on your favourite summer foods. I could eat guac all day, or even just some avocado sprinkled with celtic sea salt and pepper. Mmmm, so so good. These really do look fab, Mo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why thank you Stephanie! My little fab recipe maker! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fajitas are so yummy and this recipe doesn't disappoint! I need to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab is right, those look super yummy! The best part of summer is the fruit (I can do without the heat). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious! it's the perfect summer meal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love fajitas. All my fave foods wrapped up together!

    ReplyDelete