Monday, November 14, 2011

Adorable childrens coloring zine for Thanksgiving!

Happy Happy Monday! How is everyone? I just wanted to check in and tell you about a new find that I am loving! If you have children, this is perfect for them for this holiday season!
This is a Thanksgiving coloring zine written by the talented children's author Nathalie Vanbalen. She is the author of the children's book Garlic-Onion-Beet-Spinach-Mango-Carrot-Grapefruit Juice which I have reviewed in the past and love. Its an adorable book that teaches children why we eat a plant based diet, and she does so in a hilarious, laugh out loud, lighthearted manner. My kids love her first book and we read it all the time. So naturally when she contacted me saying that she had made a special coloring zine to teach children about a Turkey-less Thanksgiving, I couldn't wait to read it! The book is called
Happy Thanks Living!

This is an absolutely adorable activity to get for your veggie kids to enjoy during Thanksgiving! Love love love it! I haven't seen anything else out there like this. It is a 20 page coloring zine on all recycled paper, which makes me even more excited. I love Nathalie's style of writing, witty and catchy! Here's a few of the cute pages from the book.




Seriously, how cute is this?! This coloring zine will only be available for the rest of this week. At $5.00 a book, its a great buy and a really fun Thanksgiving activity to do with your kids!
You will love it!


7 comments:

  1. This looks super cool! I think I will order a couple! :)

    http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet coloring book. $5.00 dollars for this type of book is a bargain. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute zine, I just ordered mine the other day, that i saw on Vegan Crunks blog, I cant wait, my kids are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! I was going to ask you about good plant-friendly childrens books! Ella is of course too young to understand now but I want to start stocking up. I want to raise her mostly vegetarian but know it's going to be difficult with our families. I want her to have a say in it all too, so if I educate her without scaring her or making it seem like I am restricting her or making food rules. I want her to understand that when Mom Mom makes chicken, it's a chicken, like with feathers that we see at the farm...but don't want her to get too upset when daddy takes a bite of it. I am still not sure how that's going to go but will for sure be coming to you for advice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered this last week and can't wait to give it to my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear that some of you have ordered this and are giving them to your kids! It is beyond adorable. I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I don't have kids, or celebrate Thanksgiving, but I kind of want a copy of my own!

    ReplyDelete